Humanities Is So Much Better Than Math

"Man is the measure of all things" ~Protagoras~

We are finally done with The Iliad, and I am kind of sad that we didn't read the whole thing. But I shall do that In my own time. We didn't have class on Monday because my professor was sick, which is sad becuase I enjoy the class very much. The end of The Iliad was a battle between Hector and Achilles, and Hector lost. Achilles was mad about him killing his cousin so for 12 days in the morning Achilles would drag Hectors body around in front of Troy. I love the change that Achilles goes through. Its really touching that he acutally showed empathy towards the end.

I can't wait to read the next book.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About this blog

Over the course of the semester I will be writing, and keeping up with what we discuss in class. I'm already interested, but lets hope it keeps going.

About Me

My photo
I am currently a college student studying music education, and maybe family consumer science. I am pretty quiet but when you know me it's kind of hard to get me to shut up. I have an amazing family, and an even more amazing boyfriend. They support me in pretty much anything that I decide to do. I like to read, but haven't been reading much my first semester of college. I love movies, and I pretty much watch them all the time. I also love music. I play the alto saxophone and am learning the guitar. I can be really crafty and like to make things.

Quotes

"A t his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." ~Aristotle~

"Any man may easily do harm, but not every man can do good to another" ~Plato~

Followers